BBG - Patience and Timing
Just went for Business Breakthrough Group again, and today brother Eng Han shared with us about patience and timing, which I thought was really a word in season for me ...I'll write the whole word here, for god knows when i'll find the commitment to do it again.. Haha
Hebrews 6:12
that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Eng Han shared that patience has to do with delaying certain actions, which speaks of timing.
For me myself, sometimes I'm guilty of trying to rush things, but I have to keep myself in check, for I must wait for the Lord's timing. I believe when the time is right, I will know it in spirit. I figured if I cannot discern flesh from spirit, then I'm not ready anyway.
Luke 8:11-15
It speaks of the parable of the sower.
The parable tells us that the good ground is the one who hears the Word, keeps it, and bears fruit with PATIENCE.And similarly with seeds in a farm. They take time to grow, and farmers have patience as they wait for the harvest. And similarly that to us. ( Eng Han was speaking to business people)
James 5:7
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.
Proverbs 20:21
An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end.
Sometimes we try to do things ahead of God's timing for us, and hence God doesn't go with us into the fray and hence we crash and burn.
The story of Saul in 1 Samuel 13:5-14 tells of how impatience leads to disastrous decisions.
Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit
And a familiar verse to me:
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Patience develops through trials.
Brother Eng Han shared that patience is like wax polish, as faith is the car body. You need to apply patience, so that your faith can shine!
James 5:8
You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
God has put eternity in our hearts, and we must view life from an heavenly mindset, instead of worrying about all the small trials and problems in our lives everyday.
Waiting patiently on the Lord gives us strength...
Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!
And what do we doing the waiting?
Romans 15:4
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Romans 12:12
rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
Prayer! Eng Han shared that it is only in times that tribulation that we really draw close to the Lord. The good parts about trials and delays is that it brings forth intimacy with God through prayer, provided we choose to correctly respond to the situation.
Ecclesiastes 5:2
Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
For God is in heaven, and you on earth;
Therefore let your words be few.
There is a right time, and God knows the best timing.
Galatians 4:4
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law
He then shared how we must trust God's timing in the story of Lazarus in John 11:1-44
And finished off with this powerful verse:
Luke 21:19
By your patience possess your souls.
I think this word speaks to more of business people, who are more often than not, tempted to rush things and not trusting God for his timing. Like me. Ha. And then Brother Eng Han shared a few stories of physical healing and it was really amazing what God could do. I'm just listened with fascination as he shared stories of how he laid hands on people and prayed for healing, and then healing occurs.
I end with this verse that I must keep reminding myself of...
Ecclesiastes 3:1
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven
Hebrews 6:12
that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Eng Han shared that patience has to do with delaying certain actions, which speaks of timing.
For me myself, sometimes I'm guilty of trying to rush things, but I have to keep myself in check, for I must wait for the Lord's timing. I believe when the time is right, I will know it in spirit. I figured if I cannot discern flesh from spirit, then I'm not ready anyway.
Luke 8:11-15
It speaks of the parable of the sower.
The parable tells us that the good ground is the one who hears the Word, keeps it, and bears fruit with PATIENCE.And similarly with seeds in a farm. They take time to grow, and farmers have patience as they wait for the harvest. And similarly that to us. ( Eng Han was speaking to business people)
James 5:7
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain.
Proverbs 20:21
An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end.
Sometimes we try to do things ahead of God's timing for us, and hence God doesn't go with us into the fray and hence we crash and burn.
The story of Saul in 1 Samuel 13:5-14 tells of how impatience leads to disastrous decisions.
Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit
And a familiar verse to me:
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Patience develops through trials.
Brother Eng Han shared that patience is like wax polish, as faith is the car body. You need to apply patience, so that your faith can shine!
James 5:8
You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
God has put eternity in our hearts, and we must view life from an heavenly mindset, instead of worrying about all the small trials and problems in our lives everyday.
Waiting patiently on the Lord gives us strength...
Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!
And what do we doing the waiting?
Romans 15:4
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Romans 12:12
rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
Prayer! Eng Han shared that it is only in times that tribulation that we really draw close to the Lord. The good parts about trials and delays is that it brings forth intimacy with God through prayer, provided we choose to correctly respond to the situation.
Ecclesiastes 5:2
Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
For God is in heaven, and you on earth;
Therefore let your words be few.
There is a right time, and God knows the best timing.
Galatians 4:4
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law
He then shared how we must trust God's timing in the story of Lazarus in John 11:1-44
And finished off with this powerful verse:
Luke 21:19
By your patience possess your souls.
I think this word speaks to more of business people, who are more often than not, tempted to rush things and not trusting God for his timing. Like me. Ha. And then Brother Eng Han shared a few stories of physical healing and it was really amazing what God could do. I'm just listened with fascination as he shared stories of how he laid hands on people and prayed for healing, and then healing occurs.
I end with this verse that I must keep reminding myself of...
Ecclesiastes 3:1
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home