Emerge Youth Conference
Wow! It's been a blast in church for the past 4 days.
Emerge has really been a life-changing experience for alot of us. Pastor has planted in our hearts fire, passion, vision and dreams. All the competitions, celebration and sermons have made Emerge a truly unforgettable experience.
1st day
First night was the Parade of Schools! It's a cheerleading competition that various clusters come to compete with one another. Clusters like NP, TP, JCs, SMU!!!, NUS, NTU. I must say the standard of the cheerleading is really damn high la. People flying here and there. Can go outside and compete already man. It's really quite amazing what 1 month of hard work can do. Will post some pictures here when I get it. NUS had a really cute eagle mascot, and it looked extremely hilarious to see it dance with the cheerleaders.
Pastor preached a great message which was about the power of youths. Youths changed, change and will change the world =).
Jeremiah 1:7-8
But the LORD said to me:“ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.
( I love that statement! Haha)
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,in faith, in purity.
2nd day
2nd day we had service in the morning, where Pastor shared about *drum roll* the Da Vinci Code! and together with it, a message about spiritual maturity.
I quote:
Innocence is not virtue. Innocence tested is virtue.
Oh, and me Sharon and Lixia went on stage to compete for Word Power!
Word Power is a competition that tests our memorizing ability and our bible knowledge. We had to memorize 60 Bible verses, including punctuation marks! and well, practically read up the whole Bible. Ha.
We were up against another SMU team, one from NTU, 2 from JCs and 1 from TRP ( Temasek and Republic Poly).
There was stuff like Wheel of fortune, who wants to be millionaire and well Bible Trivia that we had to whack the buzzer the fastest and answer the question!
When we reached the last round, we were near the bottom. Haha, but Sharon saved the day! She went on a run for 3 questions in a row.
" How much older was John the Baptist than... "
She hit the buzzer already.
"6 months..."
And it was correct!
"Sharon! older than WHO???"
Then it came down to the last question, if we got this question, we would be first already....
"Who was the Pharisee that Jesus... "
Buzz!
The NTU guy who was leading hit the buzzer already!
"Nicodemus!"
And the crowd roared... It was correct!
I was left with my mouth gaping... How the...
Haha, so we ended up being the third team, and we won a DIGICAM ! Woohoo! Well not bad for a new Christian, haha.. though largely it was Sharon that took us up to the third place.
Well thank God for the digicam, it turns out that all 3 of us wanted the digicam. Lixia even prayed for it! Well I needed a digicam for my vietnam trip and my mom's digicam is MIA ...
So well, Hallelujah! I'll try again next year! And win! Haha..
At night, guess who came down?
Kelly Poon, Hong Junyang and .....
Taufik Batisah!!!
When Kelly came out, I was wondering... Is she a believer? Hmmm..
But when Taufik came out, I was ... NAH.... can't be...
It was a pleasant surprise. Who in their wildest dreams would think that Taufik would appear performing in a church!?
It was great.. and I believe pastor's intention of inviting them was to encourage the young people to follow their dreams and never give up!
And of cos, not forgetting the greatest superstar of the universe! The whole reason we're all there in celebration! ;)
Pastor Kong shared an amazing message ( as usual) on prayer; I'm not being polite to say that its amazing. Pst Kong never fails to hold my attention throughout the whole sermon. He's a fantastic preacher, to say the least. None of your monotone crap, and he's damn happening man.. I have to learn my dress sense from him and the church leaders ,well according to my cell group people.. Hahaha.. I'll work on it...
The night meeting lasted 3.5 hours, ending at 2230 pm. And not a single moment was I feeling restless, and considering that I've been in church since 10 am, I think it's quite a feat!
And we took photos. The sign was made by Claire! Thanks Claire! your artwork is awesome! I really appreciate Claire for doing so much for us.. it was really just a small competition but she made one each for me, Sharon and Lixia.
Emerge has really been a life-changing experience for alot of us. Pastor has planted in our hearts fire, passion, vision and dreams. All the competitions, celebration and sermons have made Emerge a truly unforgettable experience.
1st day
First night was the Parade of Schools! It's a cheerleading competition that various clusters come to compete with one another. Clusters like NP, TP, JCs, SMU!!!, NUS, NTU. I must say the standard of the cheerleading is really damn high la. People flying here and there. Can go outside and compete already man. It's really quite amazing what 1 month of hard work can do. Will post some pictures here when I get it. NUS had a really cute eagle mascot, and it looked extremely hilarious to see it dance with the cheerleaders.
Pastor preached a great message which was about the power of youths. Youths changed, change and will change the world =).
Jeremiah 1:7-8
But the LORD said to me:“ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.
( I love that statement! Haha)
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,in faith, in purity.
2nd day
2nd day we had service in the morning, where Pastor shared about *drum roll* the Da Vinci Code! and together with it, a message about spiritual maturity.
I quote:
Innocence is not virtue. Innocence tested is virtue.
Oh, and me Sharon and Lixia went on stage to compete for Word Power!
Word Power is a competition that tests our memorizing ability and our bible knowledge. We had to memorize 60 Bible verses, including punctuation marks! and well, practically read up the whole Bible. Ha.
We were up against another SMU team, one from NTU, 2 from JCs and 1 from TRP ( Temasek and Republic Poly).
There was stuff like Wheel of fortune, who wants to be millionaire and well Bible Trivia that we had to whack the buzzer the fastest and answer the question!
When we reached the last round, we were near the bottom. Haha, but Sharon saved the day! She went on a run for 3 questions in a row.
" How much older was John the Baptist than... "
She hit the buzzer already.
"6 months..."
And it was correct!
"Sharon! older than WHO???"
Then it came down to the last question, if we got this question, we would be first already....
"Who was the Pharisee that Jesus... "
Buzz!
The NTU guy who was leading hit the buzzer already!
"Nicodemus!"
And the crowd roared... It was correct!
I was left with my mouth gaping... How the...
Haha, so we ended up being the third team, and we won a DIGICAM ! Woohoo! Well not bad for a new Christian, haha.. though largely it was Sharon that took us up to the third place.
Well thank God for the digicam, it turns out that all 3 of us wanted the digicam. Lixia even prayed for it! Well I needed a digicam for my vietnam trip and my mom's digicam is MIA ...
So well, Hallelujah! I'll try again next year! And win! Haha..
At night, guess who came down?
Kelly Poon, Hong Junyang and .....
Taufik Batisah!!!
When Kelly came out, I was wondering... Is she a believer? Hmmm..
But when Taufik came out, I was ... NAH.... can't be...
It was a pleasant surprise. Who in their wildest dreams would think that Taufik would appear performing in a church!?
It was great.. and I believe pastor's intention of inviting them was to encourage the young people to follow their dreams and never give up!
And of cos, not forgetting the greatest superstar of the universe! The whole reason we're all there in celebration! ;)
Pastor Kong shared an amazing message ( as usual) on prayer; I'm not being polite to say that its amazing. Pst Kong never fails to hold my attention throughout the whole sermon. He's a fantastic preacher, to say the least. None of your monotone crap, and he's damn happening man.. I have to learn my dress sense from him and the church leaders ,well according to my cell group people.. Hahaha.. I'll work on it...
The night meeting lasted 3.5 hours, ending at 2230 pm. And not a single moment was I feeling restless, and considering that I've been in church since 10 am, I think it's quite a feat!
And we took photos. The sign was made by Claire! Thanks Claire! your artwork is awesome! I really appreciate Claire for doing so much for us.. it was really just a small competition but she made one each for me, Sharon and Lixia.

And that's our cell group leader, our dear Sis Mingli looking really sharp in the centre. Okay, I've already been blogging for 1 hour. That's it. Will do Day 4 ( I missed Day 3) tmr.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home