Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The story of the gardener

A story I came up with,

Once upon a time, there lived a gardener in a far far away place.

He owned a large garden in the front of his house in the countryside, where he had planted different species of flowers.

This gardener was really meticulous with his garden. Everyday he would wake up at 5 am and would inspect each and every flower. And to each flower he would use a really small sprinkler ( or whatever you call that thing) to water the flowers. He was an experienced gardener, so he knew exactly how much water each species of flower required.

Occasionally, some flowers would be damaged by locusts and other flower-eating insects (lol). He would take extra note of these flowers and take extra care in making sure these flowers were nursed back to health.

However sometimes, a strange disease would strike particular flowers. This disease, when contracted by a flower, would sometimes be fatal, sometimes the flower would heal. It was however, contagious. This disease would often spread to the surrounding flowers.

Usually, when the gardener sees it happening, he would let the flower stay for a few days to see if it would heal, but when it didn't, the gardener would pluck it out from the garden and throw it in with the trash.

Now, the gardener would sometimes take the very beautiful flowers from the garden and put them in his house as decoration. There, his flowers received even more care as he tended after them day and night.

However, the flowers in the garden didn't know this, so they said to one another, " This gardener is so unfair! He plucks out the good flowers from the garden, and he leaves some of the bad flowers in the garden with us! I should be deciding who stays in the garden and who gets plucked out!

Another said, " Exactly! There's are some flowers that are cant possibly be free from this disease, but yet he lets them stay among us. Not very smart, is he?"

All of them ranted and raved, but none of them truly understood the gardener. You see, the gardener was really experienced, and he could tell when the disease in a plant was fatal, and when it could be cured. And they didn't know that it really hurted him to throw away the flowers into the trash when he had painstakingly taken years to grow.

One day, this gardener was plucking the flowers for decoration for his house, and this passer-by walked by and shouted, " Hey you! Who said you could pluck the flowers! Have you spared a thought for their feelings?" (lol). The gardener replied calmly," I am the one who planted the flowers, and I have the right to do whatever I want with them."

Now it came to pass that a child his wife had given birth to was growing up, and the gardener realized that children can be pretty destructive at times and there was a chance the kid would trample on the flowers accidentally. So this day, he decided to revamp his whole garden into a patch of grass, so that he could spend time with his son there. He went forth to his garden and picked out the good ones and placed them in a basket he held. And those flowers that were struck by the disease, he didn't have time to leave them to heal, so he threw them all in the trash.

For those in the basket, he took them into the house and decorated his house beautifully with all the flowers he had gathered.

The End.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thought of the day:

Mark 8:34
“When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, ‘Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.’”

Today, I 'saw' what it meant to be a living sacrifice to the Lord during my Bible study.

And then when I came home, I read exactly the same thing on my daily email devotional. Heh.
It's this days when you know that God is hinting something to you.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Hmmm. Have a burden in my heart, that can't be expressed in words now. Going to pray.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home