Grades, again
I just received my TWC individual report today. Got 60%, which was one of my worst grades in SMU so far. I was really quite affected, more than what I would allowed myself.
It made me re-think my personal philosophies about trusting God in the things results that I get. Did I really trust in God for my results as much as I thought so? It made a burdensome day more burdened. But I'm glad I did, I put alot of things into perspective once again.
I told myself, how did the 60 marks affect me? I realized that what mattered in eternity was not my 60 marks, it was my attitude toward the 60 marks. The attitude I chose to take had an eternal consequence. In fact, I never believed that the 60 marks I gotten affected me even 3 years down the road. In the end, even if we have gotten into a job that paid a few thousand dollars better, it is still the attitude toward learning, growing and excellence that really made a difference.
I want my destiny in Christ. I know that the marks don't matter, but my attitude mattered. I know for sure my destiny and calling in Christ will be fulfiled. Did this matter? No. Heck, my results don't even affect my capacity to learn from Him.
However, I'm not telling myself to stop excelling. In fact, this thing has told me one thing. I can do better. I could have done better. I want to holy dissatisfaction to come, I want to press on to to my maximum potential. I will not wait for God to do everything for me, for one thing, I know He wouldn't. Heh.
I want to be the best writer. I want to be the best student in school. I want to be the best. I want to show people my secret. My secret source of strength that keeps me going and going and going. I want to show people the power of the Holy Spirit. That is why I must never stop trying. I will never give in to these negative emotions.
"Let your disappointment become your divine appointment!". I just felt God use Pastor Kong's words to speak to me. Yes Lord, the 60 is your grade for me. I have a long way to go =). I can be much better than this. By man's standard I would have already gotten an 80-90, but this is God's standard. My writing when compared to perfection is a long long way to go.
My paper is worth 60. God's standard =). I'm glad God reminded me of how much more I can go... If I had gotten all my A+s, I would never had gotten this kind of motivation to press on to be better than better. Thank you God for letting me know how much more farther I can go with my writing skills. Truly, thank you... More than anything else, hunger for something more is what will make me better.
Thanks for all the encouragement and the holy dissatisfaction. Praise God. =)
It made me re-think my personal philosophies about trusting God in the things results that I get. Did I really trust in God for my results as much as I thought so? It made a burdensome day more burdened. But I'm glad I did, I put alot of things into perspective once again.
I told myself, how did the 60 marks affect me? I realized that what mattered in eternity was not my 60 marks, it was my attitude toward the 60 marks. The attitude I chose to take had an eternal consequence. In fact, I never believed that the 60 marks I gotten affected me even 3 years down the road. In the end, even if we have gotten into a job that paid a few thousand dollars better, it is still the attitude toward learning, growing and excellence that really made a difference.
I want my destiny in Christ. I know that the marks don't matter, but my attitude mattered. I know for sure my destiny and calling in Christ will be fulfiled. Did this matter? No. Heck, my results don't even affect my capacity to learn from Him.
However, I'm not telling myself to stop excelling. In fact, this thing has told me one thing. I can do better. I could have done better. I want to holy dissatisfaction to come, I want to press on to to my maximum potential. I will not wait for God to do everything for me, for one thing, I know He wouldn't. Heh.
I want to be the best writer. I want to be the best student in school. I want to be the best. I want to show people my secret. My secret source of strength that keeps me going and going and going. I want to show people the power of the Holy Spirit. That is why I must never stop trying. I will never give in to these negative emotions.
"Let your disappointment become your divine appointment!". I just felt God use Pastor Kong's words to speak to me. Yes Lord, the 60 is your grade for me. I have a long way to go =). I can be much better than this. By man's standard I would have already gotten an 80-90, but this is God's standard. My writing when compared to perfection is a long long way to go.
My paper is worth 60. God's standard =). I'm glad God reminded me of how much more I can go... If I had gotten all my A+s, I would never had gotten this kind of motivation to press on to be better than better. Thank you God for letting me know how much more farther I can go with my writing skills. Truly, thank you... More than anything else, hunger for something more is what will make me better.
Thanks for all the encouragement and the holy dissatisfaction. Praise God. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home