Monday, September 18, 2006

A question about heaven

"Will we get everything we want in heaven?"

Someone asked me this question yesterday. I thought for a while,

"We're like a child playing in the water, and then comes the father along and tells him, 'Son, if you stop playing in the water, I'll bring you to DisneyLand.' But now, the son in his youth, didn't know what great fun DisneyLand was, and therefore continued playing in the water. We're the same. Sometimes we think we know what we really want, but in the end it is our heavenly Father that knows what's we truly desire for in our hearts. "

The question is, do we trust our father enough that He knows what we truly want?

I remembered this analogy from one of C.S Lewis' works, and his writing is so cheem that I probably only understand if he uses analogies. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home